Worn, broken teeth can affect the aesthetic and function of your natural smile. Worn, broken teeth can also be an indication that an underlying complex dental issue is affecting your oral health. Charlotte, NC dentist Dr. Richard Van Gurp has many years of advanced training identify and treating complex dental concerns. Dr. Van Gurp takes a personalized approach to treatment planning. We understand that no two smiles are the same, so we work diligently to create a customized solution that addresses all of your dental needs.
What Causes Damaged Teeth
Broken, worn teeth may be the result of dental trauma or a more advanced dental issue. Broken, worn teeth can be the result of a misaligned bite, teeth grinding, or TMJ disorder. Dr. Van Gurp will perform a full oral health assessment to identify the underlying cause of tooth damage. He will treat the underlying concern before addressing any cosmetic dental concerns The goal is to restore broken, worn teeth and prevent further damage to the teeth.
After a thorough consultation, Dr. Van Gurp may suggest one or more of these treatments to address broken, worn teeth.
- Invisalign®: Invisalign is a set of clear, removable aligners that gently shift the teeth into proper alignment. Crooked or misaligned teeth may contribute to broken, worn teeth. Dr. Van Gurp will examine the teeth to determine if Invisalign is the right solution for you.
- Dental Crowns: Cover the damaged portion of the tooth. Dental crowns can be customized to blend with your natural smile.
- Porcelain Veneers: Thin, porcelain ceramic shells the covers the front and sides of the teeth. Porcelain veneers can be sued to address gapped teeth, discolored teeth, and damaged teeth.
- Dental Fillings: Dental fillings are a quick, effective solution used to address damaged teeth, discolored teeth, and decayed teeth.
- Tooth Bonding: Tooth bonding can be completed in just one visit to our Charlotte, NC dental office. Dental bonding utilized tooth-colored composite resin to correct damaged teeth.
Schedule An Appointment
To learn more about treatment options for broken, worn teeth, visit our Charlotte, NC dental office. Dr. Van Gurp is a trusted dentist dedicated to improving smiles through comprehensive, personalized dental care. To schedule an appointment, call (704) 209-9606 or schedule an appointment online.